13th Annual Research Symposium
Date(s) - 11/08/2017 - 11/10/2017
12:00 AM –11:59 PM
Categories No Categories
Join us for this year’s symposium!
2017 proceedings here: Schedule of Talks_Symposium 2017
Live Stream HERE
(live stream will be held during all talks, but will not be available during breaks and meals)
Admission is free and open to the public!
Begin your Registration for the 13th Annual RSC Symposium here.
Select from the options below, and click “Add to Cart”. After payment, you will be prompted to upload your abstract.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeanette Schnars (Jeanette@RegSciConsort.com).
|Number attending dinner|
|I would like to be considered for student awards|
|I would like to be a Judge for student presentations|
Tom Ridge Environmental Center at Presque Isle in Erie, Pennsylvania
November 8-10, 2017
To present recent research, on-going research, or proposed research, discuss topics related to local research, and to meet with others who share common research interests
Consortium members, including faculty, researchers and students, and invited guests
- Undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and researchers
- Oral or Poster presentations on proposed, on-going, or recent research projects in the region
- The goal is to make others aware of your research and initiate potential collaborations
- Registration for presenters – $35*
- Registration for attendees not presenting – No Fee
- Please complete and submit registration form found at the end of this document
- The Poster Session will be held on Wednesday, November 8 at 6:00 – 8:00 PM; Refreshments will be provided; there is no fee to attend the Poster Session
- We encourage those students and researchers with new projects to present. If your project is a proposal or only has a limited amount of data, then present at the “Speed Talk” session. The Speed Talk sessions are only 5 minutes, however this is a great opportunity to inform other researchers of your work and encourage collaborations and partnerships.
- Dinner for presenters, attendees, and guests on Thursday, November 9. (immediately following talks)
- Cost includes dinner, drinks, and entertainment ($30 per person if RSVP by October 30 or $35 per person at the door)
- Please consider donating a silent auction item for the dinner reception Thursday evening. The money raised by the silent auction will be used to fund future Symposia and student research.
Student Presentation Awards
- Undergraduate and graduate students giving oral or poster presentations and want to be considered for Student Presentations Awards should note this on their registration form
- Oral presentations 1st Place – $100, 2nd Place – $50, and poster presentation 1st Place – $50 (graduate & undergraduate students)
- Awards will be presented Friday, November 10
- Presentations that are part of the “Speed Talk” session are not eligible for student awards
- Available throughout the Symposium offering information on laboratory and field equipment, analytical laboratory services, grant applications, graduate programs, and employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities for students
- If you are a faculty member or researcher, please consider judging the student presentations. Sign up by submitting the registration form at the end of this document. Judging packets will be available at the registration table during the Symposium.
- Suggested hotels:
- September 5 – Call for Papers/Poster abstracts; Repeated again September 20
- October 2 – Deadline for abstract submissions
- October 9 – Acceptance of papers/posters
- October 20 – Agenda and abstracts available online
- October 30 – RSVP for Dinner on Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 P.M.
- November 8, 9, and 10 – Symposium Presentations
– November 8 at 6:00 – 8:00 PM, Poster Session with refreshments
– November 9 at 6:30 – 9:00 PM, Dinner Reception
– November 10 – Closing of Symposium and Announcement of Student Presentation Awards (time TBA)
Abstract Guidelines for Papers and Posters
Please limit abstracts to no more than 250 words. List all authors and their affiliations and indicate which author is presenting. Abstracts should be constructed in MSWord. All text should be in 10 pt. Times New Roman font and single spaced. Submit abstracts via e-mail to Jeanette@RegSciConsort.com with “Symposium Abstract” in the subject line. For more information contact Jeanette Schnars, RSC Executive Director.
- Presentation should be a total of 15 minutes in length; allowing 13 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for questions
- All oral presentations will be given in Room 112 of the Tom Ridge Environmental Center
- All talks should be loaded on the computer at the registration table no later than the break prior to the session of the presentation; Talks can be loaded at an earlier date by coordinating with the RSC Executive Director, J.Schnars
- A USB drive is an acceptable means for transferring talks to the desktop. Please DO NOT use other data storage devices; You WILL NOT be able to connect your individual laptop computer to the projector in the room
- All presentations must run using MS PowerPoint software
- The laptop and projection system are PC compatible; Please verify your stored presentation will transfer and run on an independent computer before coming to the conference
- We will make all attempts to make the audiovisual support as seamless as possible; We will not, however, delay the program because of failure of a presentation to run on the host computer
- Presenters must be available during the poster session on November 8 (6:00 – 8:00 PM) to qualify for judging for the student awards
- Posters must be no greater than 38 inches wide
- All posters should be in place before 12:00 P.M. on Wednesday and remain displayed over the three days of the Symposium
- Each presenter will need to supply their own Velcro to hang their poster; Hanging posters using pins or tacks will not work
- Posters will continue to be displayed throughout the symposium providing maximum exposure
- All posters must be removed by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, November 10; Please make arrangements at the registration table if you are not available to remove your poster